Every admissions interview is different, but there are some common questions that MBA applicants are often asked. To prepare for your MBA interview, read through these questions and think about how you would answer them.
- Why business school?
- Why did you decide to apply to this business school?
- What makes you stand out among other candidates?
- What can you contribute to our program?
- What are your expectations of this program?
- How do you plan to use your degree?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- Can you walk me through your resume?
- Can you give me an example of a time that you demonstrated leadership?
- What is your definition of teamwork?
- What would you say is your biggest weakness?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- How would your colleagues describe you?
- What are your hobbies?
To learn more about the specific MBA interview questions that you may have to answer at a particular school, consider speaking with current students or school alumni. They may be able to offer additional insight into the admissions committee or provide you with a list of questions common to your school of interest.