Preparing for an MBA admissions interview is just like preparing for a job interview. You need to dress professionally, show up on time, and practice answering common interview questions. Although every admissions committee will ask different questions of different students, there are a few common MBA interview questions that come up time and time again.
Most Common MBA Interview Questions
Take a look at each question and form an initial response. Be honest and straightforward. If you can't think of a good answer, put it on a list of questions to think about and research. You'll want more than just a blank stare in your arsenal during the actual MBA admissions interview.
- Why business school?
- Why did you decide to apply to this business school?
- What makes you stand out among other candidates?
- What can you contribute to our program?
- What are your expectations of this program?
- How do you plan to use your degree?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- Can you walk me through your resume?
- Can you give me an example of a time that you demonstrated leadership?
- What is your definition of teamwork?
- What would you say is your biggest weakness?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- How would your colleagues describe you?
- What are your hobbies?
How to Learn More About MBA Interview Questions
To learn more about the specific MBA interview questions that you may have to answer at a particular school, consider speaking with current students or school alumni. They may be able to offer additional insight into the admissions committee or provide you with a list of questions common to your school of interest. You can also check out this free guide to MBA admissions to learn more about the overall application process.