The Bottom Line
- To the point
- Written by James E. Lukaszewski
- Published by Jossey-Bass
- Subtitle – The 7 Disciplines of the Trusted Strategic Advisor
Guide Review - Why Should the Boss Listen to You?
The book is best suited for people who work directly with management, but it also includes information that would be of use to actual managers and leaders who want to surround themselves with the best people.
Lukaszewski outlines the seven disciplines strategic advisors need to succeed. These disciplines are:
- Be Trustworthy
- Become a Verbal Visionary
- Develop a Management Perspective
- Think Strategically
- Be a Window to Tomorrow
- Advise Constructively
- Show the Boss How to Use Advice
I would recommend this book to not only advisors, but also to business school students who are looking to obtain skills that can be of real use in the workplace.