Increased Earnings with an MBA
Many people enroll in an Masters in Business Administration program with the hope of earning more money after graduation. Although there is no guarantee that you will make more money with an MBA, a higher salary is likely. However, the exact amount you earn is very dependent on the job you do and the business school you graduate from.
A recent study of MBA salaries from BusinessWeek found that Harvard Business School graduates earn an average starting salary of $134,000 while graduates of second tier schools, such as Arizona State (Carey) or Illinois-Urbana Champaign, earn an average starting salary of $72,000. Cash compensation for MBAs is significant though regardless of school. The BusinessWeek study stated that median cash compensation over a 20-year period, for all the schools in the study, was $2.5 million.
Read more about how much you can earn with an MBA.
Popular Job Options for MBAs
After earning a Masters in Business Administration, most grads find work in the business field. They may accept jobs with large corporations, but just as often take jobs with small or mid-size companies and non-profit organizations. Other career options include consulting positions or entrepreneurship.
MBA degrees frequently lead to upper management positions. A new grad may not start out in such a position, but certainly has the opportunity to move up the career ladder faster than non-MBA counterparts.
Popular job options for MBAs include but are not limited to:
- Advertising Executive
- Business Manager
- Credit Analyst
- Corporate Communications Manager
- Corporate Recruiter
- Executive Recruiter
- Finance Officer or Financial Manager
- Financial Analyst"
- Hotel or Motel Manager
- Human Resources Director or Manager
- Management Analyst
- Management Consultant
- Marketing Director or Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- PR Specialist
- Product Manager
Read More about Earning an MBA
- Business School Directory - Visit this directory to find business schools with MBA programs.
- Finding an Accredited MBA Program - Read this article about accreditation to learn how to find an accredited masters program.
- Online Masters Degree Programs - Visit this site to learn more about earning a masters degree online.